Sunday, February 13, 2022

Yes! My first 7-point match played with "world champ" rating

 Okay, you probably couldn't care less, still I'm proud as hell.

Played a 7-pt match against XG mobile today, managed to win and not mess up too badly; finished with a PR of 2.03.


Here's my single blunder. Would you have done better?

White to play 42.

It's fairly clear that the 2 should hit with 16/14*. But what to do with the 4? Move on with 14/10 and minimize risk, or play bold and slot with 8/4?

...

Honestly I should have seen that. I'm 62 pips ahead and should have played safe. 16/14*/10 only leaves two shots - 44 and 64. I went for 16/14*, 8/4 and blundered 0.18 of equity.

Still: YAY WORLD CHAMP MATCH! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m moving!

Dear reader, While I’m busy moving this site to a new place where I can give you a better overview of the content (and revisiting my reviews...